Are you passionate about building BC communities? At Station One Architects, our design experts specialize in three core areas: education, affordable housing and multi-family projects. We’re looking for an experienced architect who designs with purpose and impact. Join us in creating vital community spaces that inspire.
We are humbly confident in transforming our clients’ vision into built form.
We value our clients: We listen. We’re easy to work with. We deliver on time and on budget.
We value our team: We believe in work-life balance. We care about team culture and offer growth opportunities.
We have big aspirations: We are a leading architectural firm in the province and we’re still growing. Every member of our team is part of our success. We are committed to exploration and innovation.
As our newest architect, you’ll take a dynamic approach to sustainable building design. You’ll use your organizational, leadership and communication talents to ensure our projects exceed client expectations from concept creation to construction completion. We are a company of creative minds. Grow your career where innovation and new ideas are valued.
- Lead projects from the production of design and construction documents to construction completion.
- Provide design direction; utilize 3D visualization to create innovative concepts.
- Oversee all code and life safety aspects of architectural projects, meeting all legal requirements.
- Provide professional schedules, per the BC building code, for permit applications and applications for occupancy.
- Effectively communicate your creative vision to clients, municipalities and the public; give impactful presentations at public hearings and open houses.
- Coordinate and collaborate with consultants, clients and municipal staff.
- Provide direction and mentorship to team members.
- Travel to clients and project sites across BC as required.
- Participate in relevant continuing education opportunities as mandated by the AIBC.
- Contribute to SOA’s team culture and model our core values.
- Creative professional with an exceptional eye for design; able to align with SOA’s design sensibilities.
- Experience managing medium to large scale institutional and multi-family projects.
- Experience preparing and assembling complete construction documents for permit application and tender, and preparing project specifications.
- Knowledgeable with all construction types and applying the BC Building Code.
- Highly capable and collaborative leader who can direct, coach and inspire a team.
- Effective at building successful relationships with clients and consultants.
- Fluency in Revit and applicable graphic presentation and visualization programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365.
- Excellent organizational skills; can prioritize, multi-task and work independently.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Confident and engaging public speaker.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-performance environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Lifelong learner.
- Minimum 6-year degree in Architecture from an accredited university program.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in an architectural firm.
- Bonus points: Completion of BC Part 3 Code course, Specifier 1 & Specifier 2 courses.
Let’s talk. This full-time position in Chilliwack offers a competitive salary, full health & dental benefits package. SOA supports continuing education to keep us at the forefront.
Look us up at soaarchitects.wpengine.com and follow us @stationone_architects. Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.