Utilize your love of numbers at an award-winning architectural firm. At Station One Architects, we specialize in three core areas: education, affordable housing and multi-family projects. We’re looking for a talented accountant to join our team.
We are humbly confident in transforming our clients’ vision into built form.
We value our clients: We listen. We’re easy to work with. We deliver on time and on budget.
We value our team: We believe in work-life balance. We care about team culture and offer growth opportunities.
We have big aspirations: We are a leading architectural firm in the province and we’re still growing. Every member of our team is part of our success. We are committed to exploration and innovation.
The accountant at SOA is an enthusiastic numbers specialist who sees value in getting the data right while ensuring all are billed and compensated fairly and consistently. This role requires someone who is detail-oriented and contributes to our positive, creative, team atmosphere.
- Manages accounts receivable including billing and collections
- Manages accounts payable including expense processing and timely payments
- Reconciles bank and credit card statements
- Prepares and submits payroll and tax reporting
- Financial statement preparation and reporting
- Prepares financial analyses and projections
- Collaborates with project team to organize project structure for time and billing
- Drafts, processes and ensures execution of contracts
- Assists with project proposals as necessary
- Participates in team culture and events
- Models core values to our team, clients and the public
- Assists with reception and other administrative duties as required
- Passionate about numbers
- Highly collaborative and effective team player
- Excellent organizational skills; can prioritize, multi-task and work
- Independently keen attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-performance environment Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lifelong learner
- Business Administration and/or Accounting Degree, Diploma or Certificate
- MBA, CP, CGA and/or PCP designations strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ Canadian accounting experience
- Experience handling vendor payments, client billing and receipts, team expenses, payroll, financial reporting, tax payments, bank records and data entry
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, CRA reporting requirements, payroll compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, Unanet and Sage accounting software
- Previous experience in an architectural or construction firm
- Experience with ERP and CRM project management software
Let’s talk. This full-time position in Chilliwack offers a competitive salary, full health & dental benefits package. SOA supports continuing education to keep us at the forefront.
Look us up at www.soarchitects.com and follow us @stationone_architects. Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.