Are you passionate about building BC communities? At Station One Architects, our design experts specialize in three core areas: education, affordable housing and multi-family projects. We’re looking for a drafting technician who is ready to make an impact. Join us in creating vital community spaces that inspire.
We are humbly confident in transforming our clients’ vision into built form.
We value our clients: We listen. We’re easy to work with. We deliver on time and on budget.
We value our team: We believe in work-life balance. We care about team culture and offer growth opportunities.
We have big aspirations: We are a leading architectural firm in the province and we’re still growing. Every member of our team is part of our success. We are committed to exploration and innovation.
As our newest drafting technician, you’ll use your eye for detail and strong technical skills to help us produce architectural drawings for a range of educational, affordable housing and multi-family projects across BC.
We are a company of creative minds. Grow your career where innovation and new ideas are valued.
- Prepare architectural drawing details from markups, following applicable standards and checklists.
- Assist the team in producing complete sets of working drawings for permit and tender submission
- Assist with the coordination of shop drawings, RFI responses and changes.
- Assist in other technical, administrative and general duties as required.
- Undertake relevant continuing education opportunities.
- Contribute to SOA’s team culture and model our core values.
- Experience producing construction drawings for medium-to-large-scale projects.
- Knowledge of wood-frame construction and applying the BC Building Code.
- Experience preparing and assembling complete construction documents for permit applications and tender.
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft 365 and applicable graphic presentation and visualization programs.
- Ability to align with SOA’s design sensibilities.
- Highly collaborative and effective team player.
- Excellent organizational skills; can prioritize, multi-task and work independently.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-performance environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Lifelong learner.
- Bonus points – experience in educational, multi-family, affordable housing and/or high-rise projects.
- Minimum 1 year diploma or Certificate in Architectural Building Technology or Drafting.
Let’s talk. This full-time position in Chilliwack offers a competitive salary, full health & dental benefits package. SOA supports continuing education to keep us at the forefront.
Look us up at www.soarchitects.com and follow us @stationone_architects. Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.