Time to make the move. Seeking an experienced architect ready to get their feet wet, motivated to go to the next level in leading a dynamic, innovative project team, with potential for advancement. Explore new design opportunities where creativity and innovation is nurtured using principles that expand barriers beyond the typical, yet seek a responsive, balanced environment. With 3D visualization at your fingertips, find your niche in proposing concepts and spearheading your team in producing design and construction documents for a diverse portfolio of educational, institutional and multifamily projects across the province.
Addressing each project as a unique opportunity, the Architect will be entrusted to work with a team in the production of design and construction documents through to construction completion, coordinate with consultants, the city and the public, and collaborate together on a range of educational, institutional, health care and multifamily projects that impact in our communities. If you are proactive with passion for details, have proven design experience, excellent visual communication and skills, and looking to grow in your career we would love to hear your ideas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Curious – possess a lifelong love of learning.
- Knowledgeable – professional degree in Architecture from an accredited minimum 6-year university program with minimum 5 years’ experience in an architecture practice.
- Experienced – with wood-frame construction and applying the BC Building Code. Multi-family and/or educational facility design and document preparation is beneficial.
- Able – demonstrating effective direction and team leadership of medium to large scale institutional and multi-family projects, including team members, consultants and client liaison. Experienced in preparing and assembling complete construction documents for permit application and tender.
- Organized – prioritize, multi-task, work independently and balance multiple deadlines in a creative and high-performance environment are key elements for success.
- Communicating with excellence – English written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- REVIT fluent – proficiency and applicable graphic presentation and visualization programs.
- Willing to learn – must be registered, or eligible to be registered, with the AIBC, or to transfer current province’s registration to BC. Support is provided.
Let’s talk. This full-time position in Chilliwack or Abbotsford offers a competitive salary, full health & dental benefits package paid for by SOA, and advancement potential.