Seeking a Technical Writer to create compelling content for Architectural and Landscape Architectural proposals, project portfolios, website and other technical architectural communication. Specification writing and organizational experience is an asset. This communication specialist will be proactive and passionate for organizing concepts, thoughts and details into specific, creative and concise words with accuracy.
Responsibilities include gathering information to prepare and submit high quality proposal responses according to RFP guidelines and deadlines, collaborating with project teams to write and assemble current project specifications and creating & maintaining master specifications ensuring current content. Seeking new project opportunities as well as preparing client presentations and providing support for general office communications are also key areas of this position.
Each team member is truly valued with collaboration and open communication essential, plus opportunities for growth encouraged with dynamic projects in education & community facilities, affordable & care housing, and mixed use, residential, & commercial. Continually expanding, SOA’s projects extend from the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island, to urban Vancouver and suburbs, through the Okanagan to BC’s interior and beyond.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who has:
- Mastery of the English language and communication skills, verbal and written
- Degree or Diploma in English, Marketing, Communications or Technical Writing
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in technical writing and communications, with practical experience in an architectural or design environment preferred
- Familiarity with construction products and materials
- Proficient with graphic design experience using InDesign and Prezi, MS Office
- Organized, with ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, adapts well to change in a creative, high performance culture
- A love for learning, to grow in their position and likes a challenge
What’s behind the growing movement to BC’s lower mainland? Check out the video!
- Canada’s warmest winter climate
- an outdoor mecca – surrounded by lakes, rivers, mountains, world-class fishing, golfing, hiking and skiing all year round
- the ocean beaches are within an hour’s drive, and Vancouver is next door
- affordable living in an outdoor paradise
- stress relief without commuting into the hectic city
Enjoy Friday afternoons off in Summer, and don’t get stuck in a rut – love where you work! Check out the rest of our site to see your potential, and connect with us on Instagram and Facebook to keep up on the latest SOA culture.
This full-time position based on a 37.5 hour week in person in our Chilliwack office and offers a competitive salary including full health & dental benefits, premiums paid for by SOA. Apply by emailing your cover letter, resume and maximum 2-page technical writing sample to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.